|"Perspective" by Flickr user Justus Thane, licensed|
under Creative Commons
Wait, that's not one of the things.
But it is the end of this blogging month. I remarked to a friend, "I was surprised to find out how much energy it took to write, being unaccustomed to it any more." Said friend, a writer by trade, chuckled and agreed.
I didn't hit my daily goal, but I did blog more than I have, well, ever. So I'm calling that a success.
So, without further ado and in no particular order, 10 Things I'm Thankful For:
1. Live theater
2. A job in live theater
3. My family who make possible my job in live theater
4. My friends who encourage my job in live theater
5. The interwebs, which make working in live theater something immeasurably different than it once was
6. The best graduate program ever for those of us working in live theater who also have families
7. Coming to terms with how I can best support live theater
8. Learning how to advocate for live theater
9. The donors and patrons with whom I've built relationships around supporting live theater
10. All of the experiences and decisions I made (or didn't make) that led me on this particular path into live theater
I love what I do. I hope to be able to do it for more theaters, more patrons, and more artists.
Thanks for sticking with me for the month. I've still got six or seven (or more) writing prompts. So who knows where we'll go next?